Friday 29 March 2013

Hi All,

Back in the swing of things as far as going out is concerned and our run of visitors starts on Monday so will be out virtually permanently for the next 2 months!!! So should have plenty of fodder to write about.

Monday I went to one of my boozy lunches + we had 4 'newbies' come along, 3 I knew + one I didn't but do now! Unfortunately had such a nice time I forgot to eat much however same couldn't be said of the prossecco, so fell asleep when I got home + woke up at 8 to a very hungry H waiting for his dinner... Oops!

Thelma had a friend arrive on wednesday so we took her to the new Marriott hotel last night (Thursday) for drinks - it boasts the tallest bar in the world (in a hotel) on the 71st floor. However having been to the 123rd floor bar in Burj Khalifa, felt a bit blase really. It was ok but as with most new places here, it lacked a bit of atmosphere but we shall see.
The new girl I met on monday joined us with her husband + they fitted in with us really well + meant H had some male company as Brad + Louise were away for weekend. H looked like he was out with the Witches of Eastwick as Thelma, J and I all had black dresses on!

We moved on to Cavalli at 11 and had a good time there people watching. As usual here there was much hair flicking and pouting of fat lips. Both Thelma and I were flicked many times by a Russian blonde pony tail - she was working very hard last night, I never thought before how hard these 'ladies' have to work if they have been bought for the evening/night. I always thought 'easy money', being taken out all evening and the hard part would be 'doing the deed' when you get back to their room but no..... You have to flick and pout all night, look amazed and interested at everything that the prat is saying, dance and grind and drink everything that is given to you and still ' do the business' at about 4 in the morning instead of just crashing out!! I felt exhausted just watching it last night (the pre-deed, obviously didn't see the rest!! Lol)

Omg! As we left Cavalli guess what was parked outside?
A real silver Rolls Royce!!! Its not unusual to see flash cars here but that was unbelievable!!! It was number plate 1 from Saudi!
Am really excited as my eldest boy is out on Monday with his mate and it will be their first over 21 visit! (To those who do not know you can't go to clubs and lots of bars unless you are over 21 here) I think H and I will be knackered trying to keep up!! I shall call my eldest 'the special one' from here on in as I think his ego will like that! Lol
Any way best go now and try and catch up on more zzz's as we had a very late one.
Love Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment