Friday 29 March 2013

Hi there,
Had a fairly quiet thursday at Movenpick and Girders - I think really when I say quiet I probably mean cheap!! As at the Movenpick its happy hour till 9 and Girders is reasonable but big measures.
Met a guy (angry Rob- don't ask me?!) Who we had met at brunch befor I went home but he wasn't having it!! I had to show him our facebook picture as he didn't believe we had all met before - he only remembered Louise - not sure what that says about H, Thelma and myself lol.

Friday went to Taste of Dubai, didn't think it was that great so we just nabbed a picnic bench and sat in the sun drinking (no change there I hear you saying!). It is held on a grassed area and is a bit like a grown up school fete. The outfits of many women were un believable! I know here anything goes but come on ladies it wasn't brunch so why the 6 inch heels and party outfits - looks ridiculous!
We saw the most amazing bum implants! No size 0 woman could have a bum that sticky outy and such a funny shape naturally! I can say it was the most hideous sight!

As it was St Patricks coming up everywhere was holding celebrations (why? I don't get why its such a big deal everywhere you go in the world!)

We just went Barasti saturday as usual for sundowners.
As you know from previous blogs you do see some unusual sights here and our favourite say is 'Only in Dubai' well, it happened again at Barasti on saturday.
I went to the loo 3(one of many visits!!)
As I came out and was walking back to our table what should I see??? A flippin great big Leprachaun!! (It was actually a gut called Paddyman who sings at all the Irish bars here) he had been entertaining all the people on the beach all day as they had family day for st pats. He looked absolutely exhausted! I had just stopped laughing to myself when a great big camel appeared..... Yes a real one! It was being led round the pool area and actually looked like it was going into the bar area?! Now that truly was an 'only in dubai' moment!
See you later,
Love Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment