Friday 29 March 2013

Hi,

Have spent a nice weekend at Atlantis hotel but if I see another fat Russian man in speedos or Russian woman with fake boobs and fat lips I think I will go mad!!
Saw a lady of the night (obviously paid for an all-nighter) in the lift lobby in all her finery asking where to get a cab from.
Was pleasantly surprised at Atlantis as I thought with the hotel being so big the staff would not be very attentive or happy but they were really good.
H was going for it in a big way on the beer so only lasted till midnight at Ndulge the nightclub! However I think that was just as well as we wanted to get breakfast in and use the pool facilities.

We went to a Help for Heroes fund raiser at the British Embassy on Friday night. It was held in their garden which was nice. I have never been out here and been so sober though! (Yes you did read right, sober!) They had beer, wine or sparkling rose available, but they ran out of rose at 9.30!!! So it was Coke for me from then on!!

I was a bit disappointed that there were not more military at the do (yes we all like a uniform!!). I felt they really missed an opportunity to make more money by have 'young men' in their uniforms waiting tables etc instead of people that couldn't even speak english! H asked for a beer and got a blank look so he pointed to the menu and still got a blank look! So the waiter kept his finger on the word 'beer' and took it to the bar! (Bit of a joke really having people serve drinks that don't
know the word beer)

I came up with a few good ideas such as having a full monty type thing using our boys from home etc but when I tried to pass some of these ideas on to one of the organisers I was told ' you take it on! I raised £187,000 last year and I'm stepping down so you do better!' Ouch!! Think she must have been stressed!
Anyway they did an amazing job and raised over £200,000 (I think) so that
was fabulous for such a good cause.

The real blight on the night though was the really rude ignorant b******s who were sat behind us. When the speeches were on they talked and laughed the whole way through - bad enough in normal situations but when someone is talking about young people having arms and legs blown off and all you can hear is laughter its really inappropriate. TT, D and me gave them lots of glares which did stop some of it but unfortunately not all.

Thanks to all the amazing 'big spenders' that were there. And also to all of us 'little spenders' too, the H4H coffers are fuller than they were.
Bye for now
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment