Tuesday 15 January 2013

Hi,
The weather is still pretty rubbish here at the moment & much use is being made of my 'travelling home clothes' of jeans, socks & cardigan! What has happened? I thought January & February was chilly last year but this is much worse! I also feel I am on the 'little britain' fat club diet of Dust! Don't suppose I should moan really though especially as the UK has had snow.
My semi Detox has gone unsurprisingly badly. I set myself an achievable target for the New Year (or so I thought!) Go out a bit less, have a few more 'dry' evenings, smaller portion sizes when I eat with more veg & less of the carbs etc oh & a bit of exercise thrown in! Well the first night of staying resulted in a visit to Barasti to see s friend who had returned to Dubai after 18months of being in the UK (couldn't not go to that could I?) So better luck for the next day & that went well, salads to eat walking to the shops & no alcohol, (this more healthier lifestyle was going well I said to myself) then we had Thelma,Louise & Brad over for dinner so roast dinner with ALL the trimmings, desert & a beverage or 2 (so night in, not so good) and of course if you cook a meal for friends you can't not eat it can you? They will think there is something wrong with it if you eat something different.
Then of course there was the pub quiz, I actually drank soft drinks but in the process of ordering said drink was probably responsible for fainting fits, heart attacks & hearing tests (the following day) for the staff at the pub so cannot possibly do that again! Yesterday lunch with Y was accompanied by 2 glasses of a sparkly grape (had to as it was our first meeting of the New Year + it would have been rude of me not to participate!)
This has all basically made me realise that I am far superior in making up valid reasons for not sticking to the new rules than I am at following them through!!! And I know I am not alone!
Thanks to S ( a good friend of mine here in Dubai) who has just messaged me with a good Pep-Text! So back to trying again tomorrow!
Am popping to another friends (TT) apartment for a spot of lunch in a moment, she has been poorly so am taking her a bit of shopping round - wonder if I will spot Gary & Mrs Rhodes doing any shopping today, saw them in Waitrose last time I was there!! Obviously they were following me (not!). This adds to my drink with Hugh Grant (yuk) + Clubbing with Jean Claude Van Damme since I have been here in Dubai. Thiught I would have seen a few more celebs (or so-called celebs) as they are always reportedly here!
Had a great photo sent yesterday of one of my god daughters as a bridesmaid over the festive season - she looked a stunning young woman but it makes you wonder where the time goes?
Anyway see you soon
Love Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment